- Leading global networking equipment and software provider
- Client was seeking to become a leader in the emerging Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) market
- Waterstone was engaged to evaluate market (size, evolution, competitive landscape), recommend offering strategy, and design go-to-market and operating models to position client as a leader in NFV
Waterstone developed a comprehensive business plan to become a leader in emerging NFV market.
- Analyzed NFV market to understand customer needs, underlying drivers, technology deployment schedules, competitive landscape and roadmaps, etc.
- Developed financial model and segmentation based on use-case deployment schedules and availability of required hardware, software, and service capabilities
- Quantified shifts in profit pools and identified strategic control points in new market
- Designed hardware, software, and services offering strategies based on industry profit pools, strategic market control points, and client’s technical and GTM capabilities
- Identified acquisition and partnering options to close key capability gaps
- Designed offering and segmentation strategy to drive $2B+ in incremental annual revenue in 4 years
- Client has emerged as a leader in NFV, achieving over $200M in the business unit’s first year
- Built go-to-market and operating model strategies to achieve revenue goals and improve coordination of selling/fulfillment activities across broader organization